O’s Place Jazz Notes: New York-based Colombian composer and reed man Jay Rodriguez has played everything from Hip Hop to Latin and Straight ahead jazz. He leans towards modern jazz with a Latin twist on Your Sound, his latest release. It was recorded live at Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola in New York to an appreciative audience. Billy Harper (tenor sax), Larry Willis (p), Eric Wheeler (b), J.T. Lewis (d) and Billy Martin (perc) join him to perform ten high-energy new compositions.
- 9/20: Gerry Gibbs Thrasher Dream Trios “Songs From My Father” #1 JazzWeek
- John Stein: Serendipity review on Jazz Weekly
- Gerry Gibbs: “Songs From My Father” 4 star review from All About Jazz
- #ICYMI: A recap of this weekend’s Rhythm & Roots Festival in Charlestown, RI!
- Dave Zinno Unisphere’s “Fetish” is “a musical remedy for generic jazz” in latest review
About Mixed Media
Music industry consultant and publicist Ginny Shea has garnered international exposure for her clients through radio and video promotion, print media, and her vast industry network. read more
Email Ginny for a quote email@example.com