Oct 2, 2017
Mixed Media Client since: 2017
“Listening to Farell is like stepping back in Time, to mid-20th Century America, when Jazz and Romance were popular. His Sounscapes are like Odes to Love…Farell’s “Distant Song” provides enough soothing sounds for listeners to ponder the Human condition…He is joined by Dave Liebman on soprano & tenor Saxophones, and by Richie Beirach on acoustic Piano.”
“…FARELL is the real deal in terms of Sincerity, his voice speaks authority as does the tender Truth expressed in his Lyrics…and musical arrangements…A performance that regularly stops you…in your tracks…”
“Fred Farell’s new CD is rewarding on several levels. His lyrics for the songs of Dave Liebman and Richie Beirach show that the instrumental pieces are surprisingly singable, adding to the jazz vocal repertoire. His singing is warm, quietly expressive, and really gets into the messages of the songs. And the playing of Liebman and Beirach is as creative as ever. Their fans will find much to enjoy on this rewarding set.”
Vocalist Fred Farell’s latest project Distant Song captures the music of Liebman and Beirach beautifully. Farell didn’t merely copy Liebman’s and Beirach’s compositions, he added sublime lyrics and a magically ethereal vocal style.
Image from HighResAudio.
- 7/18: NBC Studio 10 interviews Newport Live’s Dick Lynn to promote 7/21 Laura Veirs show @Newport Vineyards
- #ICYMI 6/12: John Stein featured on Ruth Fisher’s JazzFM on PlanetRadio📻
- #ICYMI Sunday 6/12 4-7p Vincent Castaldi’s artwork featured in Birch Salon & Gallery’s First Anniversary Gallery Night
- #ICYMI Jazz Weekly Reviews of WCS Artists
- John Stein – Lifeline review from jazzquad.ru “Every one of the twenty-six tracks on the album deserves a mention”