Click image above for full article
Tag Archives | Music Festival
HILLSDALE — Joe Lavoie, who describes himself as one of those rare creatures, “a Conservative Folky,” looks forward to this time all year; he loves the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival, which brings people from all over the East Coast to listen to all blends of music with the base of that unique folk style.
Dodds Farm, located at 44 County Rd. 7D, opened for festivalgoers to set up camp Wednesday, and the folk tunes from 59 established and emerging artists from four different stages started Thursday and continued through Sunday.
“I come for the sense of community,” said Lavoie, who is from Massachusetts and has attended the 29-year-old festival since 2002. “Everyone gets along like family. Everyone is very respectful.”
Lavoie said the first time he went to Falcon Ridge, he went alone.
“I made a friend at a bar, and we were a lot alike, and he told me I should go to this festival,” Lavoie said. “I look forward to this all year. It is great to come here to just get away.”
CLICK HERE to view the full article!
Falcon Ridge brings in the folk
HILLSDALE — The 29th annual Falcon Ridge Festival held at Dodd’s Farm in Hillsdale closed out Sunday with performances by musicians such as David Massengill, Abbie Gardner and singer-songwriter legend Eric Andersen.
It was the first time Andersen had played an American folk music festival in 35 years, he said before his 5:15 p.m. set Sunday. “I’ve heard good things about it,” Andersen said of the festival. “I’m comfortably numb.”
CLICK HERE for the full article!
- Videos: The Experience
- 2017 Publicity: GoLocalProv the glide, Providence Journal (3), The Westerly Sun, Rhode Island Public Radio, Narragansett Patch, RI Monthly, Cranston Herald, Providence Journal (2), Westerly Sun, Hey Rhody, Lament For A Straight Line, Providence Journal (1) New Haven Register, WJAR/NBC10, Sound Waves (pending cover story by Ali Kaufman for August edition), Motif
- 2016 Publicity: Southern Rhode Island Newspaper, New Haven Register, The Independent, WPRI TV 12 The Rhode Show, The Westerly Sun, Glide Magazine, Go LocalProv, Lament for a Straight Line-Kweskin, Taj Mahal, Lucinda Williams, David Grisman, Providence Journal, Motif, The Arts Fuse, New Haven Register, Pawtucket Times, Woonsocket Call, Southern RI Newspapers, Turn to 10, The Providence Journal, The Providence Journal, Extraordinary Rendition Band, The Westerly Sun,RFID Journal, RVA Mag, The Day, New Haven Entertainment, Herald Courier
- Media CREDENTIAL Application: Click Here
- 2017 Artist Line Up
- 2017 Press releases: Dropbox
- Mixed Media Client since: 2016
ATTENTION MEDIA INTERESTED IN COVERING THIS EVENT/REQUESTING CREDENTIALS!
This year we have implemented the Vendini TicketAgent Management System.
We are excited as it is a powerful mobile box office ticketing solution which makes it simple to scan tickets and control access to our event.
The service provides not only Ticketing, but Patron Management, Marketing, Logistics.
With this change, we now require all media covering/requesting credentials for this year’s Rhythm & Roots Festival to
CLICK HERE FOR MEDIA APPLICATION.
The deadline for media application registration is Friday 8/11/17.
Not all credential requests will be approved.
Credentials will only be issued for members of the media on assignment.
No guests will be permitted.
You are welcome to add camping for $50.
We will email ticket/instructions by Friday 8/25/17.
Thank you for your patience as we adopt this new system.
We look forward to your continued support and coverage of our festival.
TO COVER OUR EVENT, CLICK HERE FOR MEDIA APPLICATION
Rhythm & Roots Festival Celebrates 20th Anniversary
Ninigret Park, Charlestown, RI
September 1-3, 2017
Labor Day Weekend
Noon to midnight all three days
Three Full Days of Music Set for Labor Day Weekend
Sept. 1–3 to mark the 20th anniversary of music, dance, food and fun that is the Rhythm & Roots Festival.